Hiking Holidays in Styria - Hiking in Donnersbachwald
The Niedere Tauern, with gently shaped mountaintops reaching heights as much as 2300 m above sea level, is an imposing region rich in variety, the ideal destination for an unforgettable hiking vacation in Styria.
Included at the Stegerhof: 1 guided family hike & 1 summit hike (lift fare extra)
Hiking in Donnersbachwald
Clearly marked hiking paths lead hikers past crystal-clear mountain streams, enchanted tarns and flower-strewn meadows to countless alpine pastures and peaks throughout Donnersbachwald Valley.
In our mountains, and especially on the Riesneralm, children find a true adventure playground courtesy of Mother Nature.
One stage of the Hemma Pilgrimage Path - from Admont Abbey to Gurk in Carinthia - also runs through Donnersbachwald.
A few touring tips (of many) for your hiking holidays
Hiking with Kids
- Fun hikes on the Riesneralm with many attractions for children
- Mörsbachalm: ca. 1 hour from the Stegerhof
- Lärchkaralm: ca. 45 min. from Hinterwald holiday village
- Riedleralm (ca. 1 hour) and Beireutalm (ca. 2 hours) - also accessible with prams
Mountain Tours & Summit Adventures
- Grosses Bärneck (2,071 m): 2 hours from the Riesneralm mountain station, 5 hours from the Mörsbachalm
We are glad to assist you in planning your hikes and mountaineering tours!
Hiking maps of Donnersbachwald are available at the hotel.